Since 1983, Hemson Consulting has provided expert advice in the areas of planning policy, municipal finance, demographic and economic forecasting, growth management strategy, land needs assessment, real estate advisory and transportation impact analysis. We provide long range strategic solutions for decisionmakers in all levels of government and the private sector to help manage growth and build better communities.
Our office is located in downtown Toronto. The firm’s consulting team includes land economists, finance and management professionals, urban and regional planners and real estate specialists. In recent years, Hemson has developed a nationwide presence and has successfully completed high‐profile and complex projects for large urban and rural municipalities throughout Canada. Our clients include all levels of government as well as private sector firms.
Why Join Hemson?
We will provide an exciting work environment with the opportunity to work closely with respected and well-known consulting professionals on high‐profile and interdisciplinary projects. A Hemson career provides opportunity for participation and involvement in client relations, the decision making process and collaboration with other consultants.
Current Opportunities: Consultant - Municipal Finance & Asset Management
Hemson Consulting is seeking a consultant to join the Municipal Finance team. The successful candidate will undertake detailed quantitative analysis, develop financial models, and undertake report writing in the area of municipal finance.
- Develop and maintain advanced MS-Excel models
- Undertake quantitative analysis for finance projects related to Asset Management Planning, Long Range Financial Planning, Rate and Fee Setting, and Development Charges.
- Be innovative and inspired and seek to improve existing business practices
- Work both independently and collaboratively with colleagues
- Engage in business development activities and communication with clients, including:
- Manage ongoing client communications
- Nurture existing client relationships
- Attend industry events to engage external networks
- Post‐secondary education in Economics, Statistics, Finance or Business programs
- Advanced financial modeling skills in MS-Excel
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Highly developed analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum three (3) years work experience required
Please submit a covering letter and resume by Monday, November 5, 2018 to:
Craig Binning, Partner
HEMSON Consulting Ltd.
30 St. Patrick Street, Suite 1000
Toronto, ON M5T 3A3